QA Automation Engineer
Sparkypants Studios is currently looking for an on-site Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to aid in the development of our next title.
A successful candidate will have a strong handle on automation testing practices and be highly comfortable with technical and functional testing methodologies.
You will work closely with the rest of the game team, communicating issues directly to the QA Manager, Producer, Engineers, Designers and Artists. As an integral part of the team, your automated tests and automatic reports will be the first line of defense for every new build of the game.
We understand that a stellar QA department is the heart of all game development, so if you have a passion for the video game industry, love playing RTS and MOBA genre games, pride yourself on your testing/programming skills, and want to work as part of an integrated QA team, then we’d love to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain game automation tests for in-house engine.
- Track execution of automated tests, report results to QA Manager, and inform the development team through bug reports, build stability reports, and balance feedback.
- Collaborate with developers and players to define the framework for their automation needs.
- Continually increase robustness of tests to cover ever-growing character/equipment additions and balance.
- Prioritize bugs in relation to development focus and properly communicate the impact of blocking and critical issues to the rest of the team.
- Be ready to learn new skills and take on additional QA automation tasks as development moves forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Software development background.
- 2+ years developing automation tests.
- 1+ years of quality assurance experience in the video game industry, (strategy games a plus).
- Great knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with TeamCity and Continuous Integration tools.
- Knowledge of client-server applications.
- Must be extremely organized and disciplined. You are a quick learner, self-motivated and have excellent problem-solving skills.
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Competitive E-Sport knowledge and/or experience.
- Familiar with Perforce and GIT.
- Passion for multiplayer strategy games.
- AAA title experience.
With any luck your automated job hunting algorithm already parsed this webpage and sent off an email to us, but in the off-chance you were checking us out on someone else’s inferior machine, please submit your resume along with an exciting cover letter that proves you aren’t a Cylon to: email@example.com.